2022 Joyride Guide
We want you to have the best experience possible, so take a few minutes to peruse the Joyride Guide. You’ll get a timeline of the event, route and rest stop information, and the lunch menu.
- Riders can start their routes between 8 – 10 a.m.
- You may choose whichever route you like, no advance sign up necessary.
- Lunch will be served to registered riders only. For friends and family joining you at the finish line, there are great lunch options in Independence.
- Please no non-registered riders “tagging along” on the route.
Your experience will begin and end at:
Riverview Park in Independence, OR
To get to the event from Portland:
- From I-5 heading south, take exit 260A for OR-99E towards Salem Parkway
- In about 4.5 miles, turn right on to Marion St NE
- Continue on to OR-22 W/Marion St Bridge
- In about 5.3 miles, turn left on to OR-51 S
- Continue for about 6 miles in to Independence
- Turn left on Grand Street (sign for Dog Park)
- You will see signs and be directed to parking near the Independence Dog Park
Routes & Rest Stops
There are three unique routes available of 17.8, 39.9 and 63.6 miles. Each route will be well marked and fully supported. You do not need to commit to a route ahead of time.
Rest Stops will feature an abundance of fresh and local products and will include delicious treats such as local berries, nuts, jams, granola, and a variety of other snacks to help fuel you along the way. There will also be water at each stop. All stops will have restrooms.
Rest Stop Locations:
|Short Route||Mile 7.4 – Rest Stop|
|Medium Route||Mile 14.0 – Rest Stop
Mile 27.9 – Rest Stop
|Long Route||Mile 11.4 – Water Stop
Mile 22.0 – Rest Stop
Mile 40.5 – Water Stop
Mile 51.6 – Rest Stop
- The route will be well marked and if you would like to download RideWithGPS files before the event, all route options are posted HERE.
The Trek Bicycle PDX (formerly Bike Gallery) team of bicycle technicians provides mechanical support at the start & finish and at rest stops along the route. Technical support is available for emergency repairs of well-maintained equipment. It is your responsibility to make sure your bicycle is in good condition prior to the ride. If you break down on route, give a “thumbs down” to any Cycle Oregon vehicle passing by. They will be able to get you to a nearby mechanic.
Massage – These are “sports-event style” sessions (short, clothed, recovery massage). $55.00 per 1/2 hour – signups available at massage tent.
Raffles –Drawings at 2 p.m., no need to be present to win. You will find a slip of paper in your packet with your rider number. Simply place that number in the entry box of your choice.
You can view a map of the site HERE.
|7 a.m.||Joyride event begins
|7:45 a.m.||Group Stretch|
|8 a.m.||Routes open
First Rest Stops open
|9 a.m.||Final Rest Stop opens|
|10 a.m.||All riders must be on the route|
|11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.||Live music from Fionnghal and Wren The Band|
|11 a.m. – 4 p.m.||Finish Line Feast at Riverview Park
|1:30 p.m.||First Rest Stops close|
|2 p.m.||Raffle drawing
Final Rest Stop closes
|3 p.m.||All routes close|
|4 p.m.||Lunch and event close|
Finish Line Feast
- Marinated and grilled chicken (GF)
- Smoked salmon & risotto cakes
- Beyond Sausages (vegan)
- Locally sourced tamales & salsa
- Pasta salad (vegan)
- Green Salad
- Biscuit Bar with toppings